Euro Bus Expo 2018 – Europe’s biggest bus and coach event of the year – opens at the NEC Birmingham today (9.30am, Hall 5). Thousands of bus and coach operators will be in attendance to discover what’s new and next in the vibrant passenger transport sector.
Today’s visitors will be among the first to see a host of new innovations – including:
- The UK debut of Volvo Bus’ all-new 9900 coach
- Alexander Dennis’s new Plaxton Panorama double-decker coach
- Pelican Yutong’s luxury tourer – the highly anticipated super-high GT12 Coach
- Mercedes-Benz Buses and Coaches’ right-hand drive Tourismo Safety Coach
- Irizar UK’s next generation integral coaches, featuring the new DAF-ZF Driveline and new virtual dashboard display
- In UK first, Scania (Great Britain)’s entire stand will be populated entirely by vehicles capable of operating on sustainable fuels
- Two new small buses from Mellor Coachcraft
- Alfatronix’s new 9-32vdc input wireless charger, with passenger seat integration
- Ticketer’s Tap on/Tap off technology, which promises even faster boarding and flexible fares
- The UK debut of the 12.5m Scania MOBIpeople Explorer from B.A.S.E
- Optare’s next generation of fully electric buses
- Emminox’s CVRAS-certified SCRT retrofit technology, which enables vehicles (including coaches) to meet strict new requirements for ULEZ and Clean Air Zones
- Continental Automotive’s new VDO smart tachograph
Anadolu Isuzu Otomotiv San., AYATS, BEULAS S.A.U, Bus Factory, BusConcept.eu, Connaught PSV, EVM Direct, GM Coachwork, Harris Auto, Ilesbus, INDCAR, London Hire, MAN Bus & Coach UK, NOONE Turas, Nu-Track, Omnibus, Paul Clark Services, Stanford Coachworks, TBC Conversions, Temsa, UNVI, TotalKare HDWS, Travel by Knight, Van Hool, VDL Bus & Coach, Wrights Group, and Wrightsure Insurance Services are also displaying vehicles at the show (there’s a record 130 to see this year).
For a more detailed look at this year’s exhibitor show highlights, please visit: https://www.eurobusxpo.com/euro-bus-expo-2018-previews-its-exhibitor-show-highlights.
Today’s Master Class Theatre line-up includes:
- (Video address): Nusrat Ghani MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport
- Martin Dean, president of the CPT & MD – bus development at The Go-Ahead Group: The changing face of the UK’s bus and coach market – matching services with customers
- Anthony Smith, chief executive of Transport Focus: Getting more and happier passengers on your service
- Steven Salmon, director of policy development at the CPT: Potential Brexit implications for UK and EU bus and coach operations
For full speaker details and timings, please visit www.eurobusxpo.com/masterclass.
Euro Bus Expo runs until Thursday 1 November. Free online visitor registration is open throughout the show to ensure fast track entry. For more information, and to register for a free ticket, please visit www.eurobusxpo.com.